Friday, October 9, 2009

2009 OCW conference

I am sitting in my room at the 2009 Ozark Creative Writers conference, and so far, the most exciting thing that happened was the owner of the Inn thought I was a student. I didn't have the heart to tell him I graduated from college 6 1/2 years ago.

Most of the sessions today were about "modern marketing". I already knew most of what was discussed. Perhaps that's because I am younger than the average writer and already know what FaceBook and MySpace are. I consider myself about average as far as computer users go, but after training several people at work on some very basic computer functions, perhaps my generation is gifted with an advanced computer compatibility that others might not have.

Here's to the rest of the conference gong well! Maybe when the sun comes out and the temperature warms up, perhaps so will the excitement at the conference. It's a toasty 46 degrees right now; down from the recent 60s and 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment