Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Subconscious Inspiration

I don't usually remember most of my dreams, but recently I had a dream that I actually remembered upon waking. In this dream, the main character was being framed for something they didn't do. Off and on, I have been working on a new setting, and although the dream didn't directly reference the setting, all of the details fit smoothly into this setting.

This was a setting for a game, not a story, but now I might have to write a story based on this incident in my dream because the dream was really intriguing. I want to know how the hero clears his name! I guess I'll have to figure that out myself because I don't normally have repeat or consecutive dreams.

Have you ever been inspired to write a story because of a dream?

2 comments:

  1. Not an entire story but in one scene of my novel my character has a dream and it is a real dream that I had months earlier. I thought what it could symbolize fit in perfectly with the character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the start of a story that came from a dream.
    Dreams are useful for writers, just look at Stephanie Meyer and her Twilight dream. :)

    ReplyDelete