Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWrimo (National Write a Novel Month; NaNo for short) starts today. The purpose of the challenge is to write 50,000 words during the month of November. I have actively participated the past two years and completed the challenge. I hope to participate again this year and make significant progress on my novel.

Also, during November there is a Poem-of-the-Day Challenge on the Writers Digest website. If you want to join the bandwagon but can't dedicate the time for 50,000 words, consider doing the poetry challenge. I would like to do this too, but I don't know if I will have the time given NaNo.

The best thing about November is the spontaneous spring of writing communities and support that occurs this month. All the writers who are invisible the rest of the year, appear out of nowhere ready to prove once again that our creativity is stronger than our need for sleep! There really is a strong sense of community in November that you don't often see other times of the year. That helps most writers a great deal.

Anyway, I wish all participants many happy muses this month! I'll check in over the course of the month.

1 comment:

  1. High, girly (mezzo forté [Italian: medium loud])!! Take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora of thot to write the next great masterpiece -if- I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and cuddle withe greatest, human being ever to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it. Get back to me Upstairs. -love you- God! Blessa! Youse! -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete