Monday, June 15, 2009

Where Do Morning People Come From...?

I am not a morning person. I don't know about other writers, but I have a difficult time struggling out of bed each morning for my day job and usually spend Saturdays sleeping in...late. I mean really late. Saturdays are the day I catch up on my sleep.

Writers who can wake up 1-2 hours before the sun (or before they need to wake for work) to fit in an hour of writing are either insomniacs or crazy. I find it very difficult to write when I can barely keep my eyes open. I would love to be able to be awake, whenever I want to be awake, but sleep is a very difficult thing to fight.

This past weekend, I did fight sleep, however. All of the local writing groups seem to meet on Saturday morning. UGH. I have been a member of the local poetry group for almost a year, but haven't really attended any of the meeting because they meet on Saturday mornings. But I want to start attending them to perhaps help my poetry improve enough to be publishable.

So I attended last week's meeting of the local poetry group. It was a struggle to fight my ever-growing sleep deficit and attend the meeting during the time I normally catch up on my sleep. But I think I learned a lot in just that one meeting. I think it will be very beneficial to me to continue attending. AND I want to continue attending. Just fighting the sleep may be a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment