Monday, June 1, 2009

Remember What It's Like to Enjoy Life...?

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery." --H.G. Wells, English author

I have been stuck in bed for a while now recovering from food poisoning. Ugh. Not fun, believe me. I feel like I have so much to catch up on now that I am finally well enough to move around again. That ticking clock is ticking quite loudly...

Yet, I did get one thing accomplished while I was sick. I finally found the time to start reading the Twilight series. I have heard a great deal of both good and bad feedback from people on the books, so I thought I should at least check them out.

I found that the first book left something to be desired in some places; but I could see the writing improve as I got further and further along. Anyway, I was hooked. I knew what would happen but I had to keep reading to discover the answers to all of the little mysteries that leave you hanging along the way.

My sister on the other hand read the first couple of pages, said, "Ah, romance..." and put it down. To like the book, you have to like romance. You have to be able to overlook the main character's constant gushing and brooding over her love interest. And you really shouldn't read it when you're sick. For a story about a bunch of vampires, they sure mention food a whole lot during the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment